Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tassie day 1

Ok, so I am now at the school library and so have time to write more. So, Anne, Loretta, and I took the Spirit of Tasmania (a boat) down to Devonport on Friday morning. We had to take a tram and a taxi to get down to the port, it was a bit hectic trying to find out how to get there because it was Good Friday. Anyway, so on board we watched Ratatouille and it wasn't until the very end of the movie that I started to feel the waves. We went up onto the outer deck and found out why, we had just gone out of the bay. It wasn't long after that that I started to feel sick. I had taken medicine, cause I know that I get sea sick, but it didn't work. I tried to hold it back and we went and ate a bit cause we were all hungry, and then went back in the theater room to watch some documentaries, I hoped maybe I could sleep through them. I was really tired cause we had to get up early that morning and I didn't sleep so well cause I was just on the floor, so not that comfortable. So, it didn't work, I then went outside to get some fresh air and watch the horizon, which seems to help me with seasickness. A guy came up and started talking to me, he seemed drunk or something, but I found out that was just how he talked, he was 25 years old. He was really hard to understand cause he kept turning his head away and talking, but I just agreed with stuff and it seemed good. :P Even though he was a bit weird I was glad to have him there cause he kept my mind off of the whole sick feeling for a while. Anne and Loretta came out after a bit, Anne suggested buying some of those wrist things, cause that's what she had and they worked for her, after she put pressure on my wrists and it helped I decided to do so, even though they were $15. It did help and after a bit I was able to go back inside , which I was thankful for because it was cold out there, and we watched Mr. Magorium's Magical Eurphorium (or whatever that movie is called). By the end of that movie the waves had stopped and I was all better (I never got SICK if you know what I mean) and I was very happy I had not given in because I knew that if I did I would be miserable the rest of the day, it's happened before. We got to watch the approach to Tassie during sunset, it was beautiful! We then walked to our hostel (we had to eat at McDonald's because it was the only place open). The guy at the hostel let us have free towels and blankets (it's usually $5 extra), and it was a nice clean hostel. We roomed with a girl who had just been dropped off from the tour group we were joining the next day, that was funny. The tour is a 6 day tour, you can do the whole thing or just the West or East coast (3 days), so she had just done the 3 day West coast, and we were joining the 3 day East cost one, so there were some people doing the whole 6 days on the bus. We were a bit mad at the Adventure Tours people in Adelaide (where I had to call to see if they could change our pick-up location) cause they said they couldn't pick us up from our hostel, so we'd have to walk 30 minutes out of the way, which we found out they actually had no problem picking us up there. The driver said he would talk to them about that.

No comments: